By Jean-Michel Rabaté
- Broadens the research of canonical texts and inventive occasions via exhibiting their cultural and worldwide parallels
- Examines a couple of simultaneous creative, literary, and political endeavours together with these of Yeats, Pound, Joyce, Du Bois and Stravinsky
- Explores Pound's Personae subsequent to Apollinaire's Alcools and Rilke's Spanish Trilogy, Edith Wharton's The customized of the Country subsequent to Proust's Swann's Way
Read or Download 1913: The Cradle of Modernism PDF
Similar literary modernism criticism books
This inclusive consultant to Modernist literature considers the excessive Modernist writers equivalent to Eliot, Joyce, Pound and Yeats along ladies writers and writers of the Harlem Renaissance. demanding situations the concept Modernism used to be conservative and reactionary. Relates the modernist impulse to broader cultural and ancient crises and routine.
This ebook examines the influence of medical and sexologic theories at the production of personality within the prose of 2 moderns, Hemingway and H. D.
In an unheard of phenomenon that swept throughout Britain on the flip of the 19th century, writers, advertisers, and designers started to create and promote photographs of an real cultural realm ironically thought of outdoors undefined. Such pictures have been situated in nostalgic photos of an idyllic, pre-industrial prior, in supposedly unique gadgets now not derived from earlier traditions, and within the excellent of a purified aesthetic that would be separated from the mass industry.
- Modernist Fiction, Cosmopolitanism and the Politics of Community
- Ancestral Recall: The Celtic Revival and Japanese Modernism
- Sul modernismo italiano: a cura di Romano Luperini, Massimiliano Tortora (Letterature) (Italian Edition)
- Incredible Modernism: Literature, Trust and Deception
- Aphrodite's Daughters: Three Modernist Poets of the Harlem Renaissance
Additional info for 1913: The Cradle of Modernism
1913: The Cradle of Modernism by Jean-Michel Rabaté